Home Forums The Storage Room War of the Ring – Uthoroc's insert

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Uthoroc Uthoroc 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Help, I’m addicted!

After doing the Eldrithc Horror insert proved so effortless thank’s to Peter’s plans, I just had to sit down and start on a version for for War of the Rind 2ed. While I also have the CE, my 2ed copy is the one I use for lugging around to friends and such. While my old storage solution (utilizing the original tray) was adequate, it didn’t have rooms for sleeved cards and the expansion components.

I’ve completed the first layer of the insert for the figures, and it has room for all the figures including the current and the upcoming expansion. With a little luck it might even accomodate the final “siege” expansion. The top tray(s) should have plenty of space for cards (sleeved) and dice. And the board should leave space for a narrow separate token tray.

Cutting is a bit rough on this one, as I was measuring and assembling as I went along, but it fits snugly. I’ll write up measurements when I’m done with the whole thing. Here are some images.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Great to see you designing your own trays already – great work!

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Thanks! I spent a good chunk of Sunday on this insert and have it complete! Now I only need to draw up the plan.
    Insert
    Insert
    Insert
    Insert
    Insert
    Insert

The current version has a few little flaws, which fortunately don’t bother me too much:
    1. It is a couple mm to high. While the board is flush with the top, adding the rules on top causes the lid to bulge a little bit.
    2. One of the card trays is just a teeny tiny bit to narrow, making the card fit very tight. A mm more would have been good. I still might redo this.

And what is vexing is that with the upcoming WoME expansion there is just one dice too many to fit in the dice compartment(s). Annoying! 😉

Universal Head
    Keymaster

One dice too many! OCD head explosion! 🙂

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Damn fine insert, that one. 🙂

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Thank you! Drawing up the plans is proving more onerous than the actual creation. 😉

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Oh I know, I know ….

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

And finally the plans are done. Click the image below to download the pdf.
    Foamcore Insert for War of the Ring 2nd ed

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Hard work making plans isn’t it? 🙂 Stunning work mate! I may build this myself.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

It is! And that’s me who’s working CAD all day long… 😉

And thank you, all based on your examples.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.