October 19, 2015 at 2:01 am #10762
Help, I’m addicted!
After doing the Eldrithc Horror insert proved so effortless thank’s to Peter’s plans, I just had to sit down and start on a version for for War of the Rind 2ed. While I also have the CE, my 2ed copy is the one I use for lugging around to friends and such. While my old storage solution (utilizing the original tray) was adequate, it didn’t have rooms for sleeved cards and the expansion components.
I’ve completed the first layer of the insert for the figures, and it has room for all the figures including the current and the upcoming expansion. With a little luck it might even accomodate the final “siege” expansion. The top tray(s) should have plenty of space for cards (sleeved) and dice. And the board should leave space for a narrow separate token tray.
Cutting is a bit rough on this one, as I was measuring and assembling as I went along, but it fits snugly. I’ll write up measurements when I’m done with the whole thing. Here are some images.
October 19, 2015 at 10:44 am #10766
Great to see you designing your own trays already – great work!October 20, 2015 at 12:13 am #10772
Thanks! I spent a good chunk of Sunday on this insert and have it complete! Now I only need to draw up the plan.
The current version has a few little flaws, which fortunately don’t bother me too much:
1. It is a couple mm to high. While the board is flush with the top, adding the rules on top causes the lid to bulge a little bit.
2. One of the card trays is just a teeny tiny bit to narrow, making the card fit very tight. A mm more would have been good. I still might redo this.
And what is vexing is that with the upcoming WoME expansion there is just one dice too many to fit in the dice compartment(s). Annoying! 😉October 20, 2015 at 9:54 am #10773
One dice too many! OCD head explosion! 🙂October 21, 2015 at 6:27 am #10797WonderSlugParticipant
Damn fine insert, that one. 🙂October 21, 2015 at 8:41 pm #10816
Thank you! Drawing up the plans is proving more onerous than the actual creation. 😉October 21, 2015 at 9:37 pm #10817
Oh I know, I know ….November 20, 2015 at 10:26 am #10995November 20, 2015 at 10:33 am #10996
Hard work making plans isn’t it? 🙂 Stunning work mate! I may build this myself.November 20, 2015 at 11:14 am #10997
It is! And that’s me who’s working CAD all day long… 😉
And thank you, all based on your examples.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Log in or Register
- Machina Arcana 3rd Edition
- Greetings from Germany
- Looking for player for a Descent 1st Edition Road to Legend Campaign
- Airbrush has changed everything…
- Finally in my collection
- The Last Great Hoard of AT-43 and Confrontation?
- Mission: Red Planet 2nd edition – foam board inserts
- Rangers of Shadow Deep – solo Tabletop
- Greetings from Melbourne
- Online Boardgaming