Home Forums The Gaming Room War of the Ring

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dropdeadcriminaldropdeadcriminal
    Participant

WotR End Game

Your last battle report inspired me to play this again (against myself). Good news is I won, bad news is I lost.

Fellowship was 2 spaces away from the crack of doom when the shadow player overran Lorien to win it.

The exciting story line in this one was Gandolf (white) and Aragon both fought at the siege of Minis Tierth then used a card to escape just before it fell. Then they both fought at the siege of Helms Deep and again used a card to escape just before it fell.

Unfortunately their efforts were not enough (perhaps they should have laid their lives at Helms Deep to try to buy another 2 turns).

Oh, and the Belrog took the Shire. Almost took Gray Havens as well but it was a mutual destruction on the last battle of the siege.

Participant

Haha. That’s the pro and con of playing solo…

Pro: You always win!

Con: You always lose! πŸ˜€

Keymaster

I’ve played a couple of WOTR games with Tabletop Simulator now, it works well, though the fan in my laptop runs constantly when it’s open.

Keymaster

And I’m a bit worried about the dice, the results seem weirdly unbalanced…

UthorocUthoroc

Electronic dice are always suspicious, yes! πŸ˜€

We are currently running the yearly War of the Ring tournament (via the Java client) again. First round is over and I’ve already played by (2) games in round 2. Standing at 3 wins vs 1 loss now.

If anybody here is watching replays in the client, by second to last game was very memorable:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2r6ovwmm3mqgicd/2020-04-25_UthorocFP_VayzeSA.log?dl=0

UthorocUthoroc

I’m now up to 14 games of War of the Ring this month, after hardly playing for a year. One good thing that came from Covid-19. πŸ˜€

Keymaster

Wow, how do you find the time?

UthorocUthoroc

Well, first I don’t run a Patreon, do Game Summaries or Videos … πŸ˜‰

And second, it’s just something I need 2-3 hours in the evening (which are much more free, as our usual social meetings are not happening). I check my regulars whether they want/can play, and if not, I post on the Fb group or Discord channel and usually get someone to play within a few minutes. From there it’s only a couple clicks away from a game on the client.

Keymaster

You’re right, I’ve almost forgotten how to do game stuff just for myself and not for the EOG!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.