Home Forums The Gaming Room Warhammer 40K Kill Team

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  8th 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

CK Lai
    Participant

Do mine eyes deceive me? An actual WH40K SKIRMISH game?!

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-40000-Kill-Team-ENG

8th
    Participant

I know. Almost tempted as not a bad price… by GW standards… especially when includes rules (albeit cutdown version I think).

CK Lai
    Participant

I think it’s a full version of the rules with no fluff… If my understanding is correct. Sadly, Wayland will not (or cannot) ship to my country and GW doesn’t give any discount and wants to charge Β£22 for the privilege of shipping the game to me. πŸ™

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

As far as I know Kill Team is around for a some time now. The fanmade expanded rules are free to get…for example here http://heralds-of-ruin.blogspot.de/

Small model count and RPG like developement for your individual models…really fun! As are nearly all story-driven RPG/skirmishers πŸ˜‰

And to see it beeing played by an awesome guy..look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q188JGbLpJw&list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXsamURXptmF8bIblKfZupe&index=16

And then go on look at more of his stuf…like mordheim…necromunda…this is not a test…and get hooked….but dont say I did not warn you guys ;-P

CK Lai
    Participant

Thanks for the links. Great stuff!

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

You are welcome! And there are way toooo many great things to have time for all of them…such a shame!

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

I went to a friend’s house to game this weekend and he had four different teams built for this variant. He’s extremely into 40k. I loathe it, for the most part. I think I’ve mentioned it here a few times…it’s always been one of those games I WANT to like, but it’s just always annoyed me when I try to learn it. That said…

I actually liked Killteam. I still prefer Infinity, bar none. But Killteam was actually palatable, and a much easier way to learn the basics of playing 40k. We played twice, and each game was over in a reasonable amount of time, and moving the small squad around the map was fun. It actually felt a bit like playing Infinity, which explains the appeal to me.

Anyway. My two cents…

8th
    Participant

Been looking into Kill Team.

The unboxing revealed a hell of a lot of assembly being required.

One review mentioned the armies being less than 200 points each which is recommended for Kill Team battles, so that means more expensive models to buy.

UK price is around Β£35 which is not so bad for a starter and the rules digest could be a stepping point for 40K.

And GW’s parting from FFG has left me with an unpleasant aftertaste as a result of the Warhammer Quest Card Game being abandoned (although admittedly I haven’t played it a lot, it was a change to not use miniatures and works fine solo as filler).

So in conclusion… I think I’ll pass.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.