Home Forums The Gaming Room Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  8th 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

No details yet, but looks like revamp of 1st and 2nd edition.

At least it doesn’t sound like Sigmar…

http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/cubicle-7-and-games-workshop-announce-new-edition-of-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay/

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Glad to hear it’s going back for the future. For me, it will stand or fall by the quality of the adventures.

WFRP in the Age of Sigmar? Don’t even think it!

8th
    Participant

Apparently C7 and GW did think it.

In 2018 the Age of Sigmar rules will be released. Different rules for each game.

I suspect GW said something along the lines of “But we wanted Sigmar rules!” And C7 decide to compromise.

8th
    Participant

While I was at UK Games Expo I overheard a snatch of conversation in which one of the Cubicle 7 staff said “Warhammer RPG 4th will not be compatible with 1st and 2nd edition”…

So it in the style of 1st and 2nd, but not the same.

Not surprised, but curious as to what mechanics they use. Maybe they will recycle the One Ring rules, but not convinced that’s a great idea.

The One Ring is OK, but does not work well if you have new and experienced characters in same party… despite the legacy characters rules… and the Old World is a dangerous place.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I highly doubt they will use the TOR rules, or even use a modified version of them. Those were very specifically designed for the Middle-earth setting (and they did a great job with that), and I think it would be a major PITA to transport them to another setting.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

To be honest…I did not like the rules set of 2nd Ed. much. That you had to take up a new “job” to increase your stats and the ristrictions that system had where not my cup of tea. And the Middenheim campaigne took an insane amount of work to make it work. Yes it was dark an killy…but beyond that…not much that needs bringing back for me. So I am looking foreward to an “updated” rules system with the old “flavor”.

Sanjay
    Participant

The latest preview from C7:

WFRP Preview

Looks a lot like 2E with a lot of options for play preference.

8th
    Participant

Running late though. Pdf was dues June and hardback july.

C7 usually run late though.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It feels like this release has been ‘coming soon’ for quite a long time now.

8th
    Participant

Announced over a year ago and preorder went up in may I think.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.