Home Forums The Gaming Room Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar 8th 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sanjay
    Participant

Just got this for Christmas. It wasn’t on my list, mainly because I didn’t know it existed. I have the original WHQ, which I enjoyed back in the day. Have any of you played this game? I’ve read the rules, and I’m in the process of putting the minis together. Still trying to decide if I dare take on the job of painting them all, so I thought I’d play a game or two first to decide if I like it.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Only saw gameplay on video over at Ash Barkers channel GMG. Gameplay seams intresting and minis are great.

If in doubt I would go with only painting the minis needed for the first scenario and add whats needed for the next if it is to your liking. Have fun!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’m halfway through painting the set, though finding it a bit of a chore I must admit – all that fiddly little detail! Haven’t played the game yet but it has received good reviews.

8th
    Participant

Some really annoying bits to the gameplay.

Rolling d20 for each villain to see what they are going to do each activation can get tedious, especially when there can 20+ of them in play at times.

And sometimes you have roll a d20 for every mini on the table at the end of the round to see if they take a wound or some other effect.

Basically… typical GW dice fest.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.