Home Forums The Gaming Room Warriors of Middle-earth (next War of the Ring expansion)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  8th 2 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Ares Games has just posted their first preview for the next War of the Ring expansion.

I was intimately involved in the play testing and am doing editing and proof-reading on the German translation, so I’m quite excited it’s finally nearing release – took a bloody long time. 😉

Universal Head
    Keymaster

All looks good, I can hardly wait! I hope they make a collector’s edition like they did with Lords.

Graydeth
    Graydeth
    Participant

Good news! Definitely will pick this up when it comes out. I’m fairly sure they will do a collector’s edition.

My dream is a KS or a super-duper Complete edition with both expansions.

I forget – did they say it will have two expansions only? And this is the final one?

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

The original plan was to do three expansions – the last being themed about sieges (see the siege engines from the 1st edition expansion). But I haven’t heard anything about it lately – Ares may have other priorities at the moment, see them teasing the “Hunt for the Ring” game.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I was wondering about siege engines. It would be annoying to have them spread the content out so much though – an entire expansion just for sieges?

I must admit the one thing that can frustrate me above everything in WotR is the siege mechanic. Sometimes no matter what you do and how well you plan you just can’t roll that damned 6!

Hadn’t heard about Hunt for the Ring before. Hope it’s interesting, and hope it’s different enough from other hidden movement games.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

My concern is more that the game becomes too crowded – there is already a lot going on if you add both Lords and Warriors into the mix. As such having the expansions separate – so you can use only what you want – is not so bad. But the siege part was my least favorite bit in the old expansion, so I hope they come up with something new. I’d also be fine with them stopping at this point, the game certainly does not NEED more variety.

Outside playtesting for Hunt for the Ring is starting soon and I’m in – but I know basically nothing about it yet. We’ll see. 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Let us know as soon as you know anything you can share!

8th
    Participant

Warriors of Middle Earth went up for pre-order today in the UK… I just placed my order.

More plastic figures to add to the paint list and a lot more cards to sleeve.

Really need to get this on the table again. Not played it much, but with Middle Earth I’m something of a completionist.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.