Home Forums The Kitchen Waste Knights: Second Edition

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Soulsorcerer Soulsorcerer 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Universal Head
    Keymaster

Adventure and survival? Post-apocalyptic? Dystopian Australia?Instantly reminds me of the classic Midnight Oil album cover? I’M IN!

I love a bit of post-apocalyptic adventure and frankly, this looks a lot more fun than Fallout. 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Saw this at Essen last year and it sounded fun…so I am also in atm. But I have also an early bird with the new Brimstone KS…just an insane amount for the money…but that is more and more becoming a reason not to back. I have over a week to decide if I stay or not…and atm I lean towards Waste Knights. Although they started to release additional stuff for extra money…arghhh!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

There’s another Brimstone Kickstarter? Jeez, what a pain in the neck that original campaign was. Took way, way too long (what was it, 4 years?), communication was bad, the quality of the figures was crap, and the game is mediocre. After that debacle I’m never backing anything by Flying Frog again.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Did not back any previous KS from FF…but I remember that they said that the first KS had them fund the release plan for 4-5 years in that campaign. So they sure where nowhere prepared for the success. Hope they have learned their lesson and the oriental themed one does better. The games FF makes are special…and although they all have great theme/flavor the rules are not that good. Back in the days I played those there where not that many alternatives to weird/sci-fi/horror big box games like there are now 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

You obviously didn’t endure the frustration of waiting 4 years and then getting a product not as good as promised!

They should go back to the drawing board and make better game systems before churning out endless overpriced expansions. The company has become a Shadows of Brimstone factory.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

No I did not have to wait…friend of mine had to 🙂

Could you be more specific with the “not as good as promised” part of the first KS as that might influence my decision to back the new one – thanks in advance!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

My two experiences with the game so far convinced me it isn’t very good. Combats turn into a boring dice rollling grind because of the small map and chokepoints. The rest is just piles upon piles of random tables and cards. I didn’t think there was anything innovative or interesting about the game system at all.

Mostly, I was annoyed with the poor quality of the miniatures. Things improved with the second wave (when we finally got it after 4 years) but they’re still very average.

I also didn’t like their poor communication, the way they turned around and charged people who wanted it for early shipping when the campaign promised shipping was included (while the rest of us had to wait for ages longer), and the fact that most of the stuff was in retail for ages before we got our stuff. It was an amateurishly run Kickstarter and the rejoinder to everything was ‘you’re getting a really good deal’. Yeah, well we funded your game guys.

After it all I had a very bad taste in my mouth with Flying Frog when it was over and I’m not buying their games again.

But that’s just me! 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

So…canceled Brimstone..still in with Waste Knights…maybe even Veteran of the Waste?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.