Home Forums The Gaming Room What have you been playing lately?

Viewing 12 posts - 133 through 144 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    UthorocUthoroc
    Participant

Games last night:
    1. Middle-earth SBG scenario “Fog on the Barrows-downs”. Won by the the Fellowship, as 3 hobbits escaped the downs (Pippin was lost in a tomb). Luckily for the hobbits Tom Bombadil arrived very early.
    null

2. Middle-earth SBG scenario “Gandalf at Weathertop”. The Nazgûl made short work of Gandalf after he buried one of them under a collapsing pillar. The ring-wraiths cornered the grey pilgrim and brought him down. Seems a pretty unbalanced scenario. But awesome work in the ruin by my opponent.
    Amon Sûl

3. Four quick games of Blue Moon, a pretty awesome little card game by Reiner Knizia.

Keymaster

Poor Pippin.

Blue Moon is a great game, I have both editions.

UthorocUthoroc
    Participant

Tom rescued Pippin from the tomb later… i.e. Pippin managed to recover his wounds after the scenario, so he’s not lost for the whole campaign. 😀

Keymaster

Those hobbits are damn resilient!

UthorocUthoroc
    Participant

I managed to get my Crusader Kings to to the table on Saturday – 4 player game, took us about 2.5 hours with rules explanation.

It was a fun, pretty old-school romp. We were a bit too cautious in regards to conflict and should have warred and invaded more, as well as run plots against the other players. Next time it’s gonna get a lot bloodier! 😉

EDIT: The spam filter is blocking me from posting any images again…

Keymaster

Sorry Ralf, I wish I had the tech expertise to fix these forum issues, but … well …

Participant

For Feb:

Board Games: Chtulhu: Death May Die, Mansions of Madness 2.0, Tiny Epic Zombies

Tabletop minis:
    Star Breach, Deadzone, Alkemy, Twisted Steampunk

Keymaster

Nice! What did you think of Death May Die?

Participant

C:DMD is really great! A nice gateway game for newcomers to the hobby. My gaming group (a lot of newbies) likes it a lot due to the smooth mechanics. It may not be crunchy enough for some gamers who like more detail in their games (eg. different weapons with unique stats etc.)

For me, it’s what The Others wanted to be but fell short. The only downside is you really do need more Elder Ones (and maybe Investigators) for variety in the scenarios. But definitely more Elder ones. once you have them, the replayability of each scenario goes way up. A minor personal down for me is: I think some of the sculpts for The Others is actually better and more “cthulhu-esque” than what was used in the actual C:DMD game.

Keymaster

Interesting. I didn’t back it but I’ve heard some good reports.

Participant

I know. Backing a CMON Kickstarter game is like a lottery… you won’t know what you get until it’s in your hands. 😉

Thankfully I also wanted the minis to use for the Pulp Alley tabletop minis game, so I figured if the game wasn’t all that great, I still have a use for all those minis 😀

DustinDustin
    Participant

I have been super busy with work lately, and have watched more videos of Will and Peter playing games than I have actually gotten to play, but the last few weeks I got a few games in while I was home.

Aftermath– Impulse buy, but I am glad I bought it. It’s a story book game from Plaid Hat Games along the lines of Stuffed Fables or Mice and Mystics. It has a post apocalyptic theme and some really nice components. Me and my daughter enjoyed our first play, and I think it is the best of their story book line. Unfortunately, Plaid Hat always has issues with rule books, and this one is no exception. It took quite a few trips to BGG to actually learn how to play the game correctly, but a good game nonetheless.

Cthulhu: Death May Die– Played a friends KS copy at our game night and had a lot of fun. Very simple, even more so than I expected, but still a lot of fun. Seemed a little easy as well, considering we beat it my first play, which usually doesn’t happen in modern co-op games.

Rangers of Shadowdeep– D&D meets tabletop skirmish! Awesome game. Just enough story/RPG elements to feel like you are playing an RPG, but has all of the tabletop skirmish tactical gameplay. D20 combat system as well, which is cool.

Kingsburg– One of the few euros I own, and one of my favorites.

Court of the Dead: Mourners Call– Another play of this great KS game. Area control with amazing components, and a cool, dark theme. My first KS I ever backed and still glad I backed it.

Deadzone Second Edition– I finally got this to the table. I know they get flack for the miniature quality, and I understand the complaints considering they were a bit of a nightmare to assemble, but man the game play is great. So streamlined and easy, and I actually really enjoy their movement system.

Well, besides a few games of Funkoverse Harry Potter with my 7 year old son, that about covers it.

Peter, did you back the expansion for Conan? I finally got on board and backed the pledge that had the original king pledge included. I had to go watch your video of you guys playing it again after, and I can’t wait to get it!

Viewing 12 posts - 133 through 144 (of 160 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.