Home Forums The Gaming Room What have you been playing lately?

This topic contains 76 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Universal Head 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Played my second game of Scythe on Wednesday, and a battle of Middle-earth SBG yesterday. The games were very different in feeling (heavy wargame-themed Euro vs classic straight tabletop bash) but both immensely enjoyable. And I won both! ๐Ÿ˜€ Life and gaming are good!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Ahh, when the games go your way… ๐Ÿ™‚

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

@uthoroc So sad for the missed opportunity ๐Ÿ™ Had a bit of bad luck with the parking and lost quite a lot time…so this year I did not even see you in Essen. Maybe I will come around to play Runewars eventually…then I will challenge you for a match meeting outside of Essen/work ๐Ÿ™‚ Did you find something interesting to play at Essen this year?

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Yeah, I was wondering… too bad it didn’t work out this time! ๐Ÿ™‚

I don’t get to play much at Essen… too much work. I picked up a few bits and pieces for painting, and played Azul once, this year’s Spiel des Jahres.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I played two more battle of Middle-earth SBG last night: My Moria goblins led by the Balrog against a dwarven force from Erebor under Thror. My opponent is a veteran of the game and defeated me soundly twice – but it was still great fun, especially since I got to play on my Moria board for the first time. The game is just stunninlgy beautiful with painted figures and on a thematic board!

Goblin archers led by Durburz
    The Balrog
    More photos…

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Excellent photos, thanks Ralf!

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

WOW….that looks great!!!!!!!!

Dustin
    Dustin
    Participant

Hey everyone, I got a good bit of gaming in over the last month.

I got about 4 games of Rum & Bones: Second Tide in with my daughter, which is always a good time. I finally got my hands on the original Rum & Bones conversion kit so I got to use all of my old factions with the new rules.

I got a game of Starship Samurai in, and it felt like a quicker, slightly lighter version of Blood Rage, but with a sci-fi meets Voltron feel. Pretty fun game.

I picked up the Hand of the King KS version of A Song of Ice and Fire Miniatures game, along with the Night’s Watch Starter set and some extra armies and got to get one game in before I left home for work. Lots of fun, I am looking forward to playing that one a lot more.

I got a solo play of Warhammer Quest Blackstone Fortress in as well and man did I enjoy it. Very cool push your luck adventure system.

I have been painting hot wheels like crazy and buying all sorts of custom tokens and terrain for Gaslands, and got to set up and play a few rounds. It is crazy how cool that game is, and how fun and addicting it is to buy and paint hot wheels now, lol.

I am supposed to play my first game of Kill Team tomorrow, so I will see how that goes.

As you can see, having never played or painted many miniatures games before I found The Esoteric Order of Gamers, all the gameplay videos I have watched over the last year has had a big influence on me.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

We played more Middle-earth SBG last Thursday, trying some scenarios from the “The Fellowship” journey book. The first one “The Doors of Moria” was great, but the second one “The Tomb of Balin” had some setup problems (Fellowship could easily block the area the goblins were coming in). I read some errata since then and we’ll try it again with some adjustments.

Frodo has been grabbed!
    At the doors
    Goblin assault

More pictures here.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Looks great…as always ๐Ÿ˜‰

After 12+ Scenarios of Gloomhaven and my first “Through the Ages” game I look forward to play some Legion again this weekend!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Played Folklore: the Afflication the other night. Very simple RPG dice rolling mechanics, but it was a lot of fun regardless, and the simple story was enjoayable and had some some very tense moments!

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

We replayed the Balin’s Tomb scenario with some suggested changes and it was much better. My opponent (the Fellowship) still won, but I managed to take out three heroes and take down four more to 1 hit point. Could have gone either way with a little more luck. The game becomes nicely tactical in tight spaces and the heroic abilities of the characters really shine and make a difference.
    Scenario setup
    Fighting for the door

Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.