Home Forums The Gaming Room What have you been playing lately?

This topic contains 43 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Dustin Dustin 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 37 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Played my second game of Scythe on Wednesday, and a battle of Middle-earth SBG yesterday. The games were very different in feeling (heavy wargame-themed Euro vs classic straight tabletop bash) but both immensely enjoyable. And I won both! 😀 Life and gaming are good!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Ahh, when the games go your way… 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

@uthoroc So sad for the missed opportunity 🙁 Had a bit of bad luck with the parking and lost quite a lot time…so this year I did not even see you in Essen. Maybe I will come around to play Runewars eventually…then I will challenge you for a match meeting outside of Essen/work 🙂 Did you find something interesting to play at Essen this year?

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Yeah, I was wondering… too bad it didn’t work out this time! 🙂

I don’t get to play much at Essen… too much work. I picked up a few bits and pieces for painting, and played Azul once, this year’s Spiel des Jahres.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I played two more battle of Middle-earth SBG last night: My Moria goblins led by the Balrog against a dwarven force from Erebor under Thror. My opponent is a veteran of the game and defeated me soundly twice – but it was still great fun, especially since I got to play on my Moria board for the first time. The game is just stunninlgy beautiful with painted figures and on a thematic board!

Goblin archers led by Durburz
    The Balrog
    More photos…

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Excellent photos, thanks Ralf!

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

WOW….that looks great!!!!!!!!

Dustin
    Dustin
    Participant

Hey everyone, I got a good bit of gaming in over the last month.

I got about 4 games of Rum & Bones: Second Tide in with my daughter, which is always a good time. I finally got my hands on the original Rum & Bones conversion kit so I got to use all of my old factions with the new rules.

I got a game of Starship Samurai in, and it felt like a quicker, slightly lighter version of Blood Rage, but with a sci-fi meets Voltron feel. Pretty fun game.

I picked up the Hand of the King KS version of A Song of Ice and Fire Miniatures game, along with the Night’s Watch Starter set and some extra armies and got to get one game in before I left home for work. Lots of fun, I am looking forward to playing that one a lot more.

I got a solo play of Warhammer Quest Blackstone Fortress in as well and man did I enjoy it. Very cool push your luck adventure system.

I have been painting hot wheels like crazy and buying all sorts of custom tokens and terrain for Gaslands, and got to set up and play a few rounds. It is crazy how cool that game is, and how fun and addicting it is to buy and paint hot wheels now, lol.

I am supposed to play my first game of Kill Team tomorrow, so I will see how that goes.

As you can see, having never played or painted many miniatures games before I found The Esoteric Order of Gamers, all the gameplay videos I have watched over the last year has had a big influence on me.

Viewing 8 posts - 37 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.