Home Forums The Gaming Room What have you been playing lately?

This topic contains 69 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Dustin Dustin 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Some nice pics of really good minis. Keep it up Ralf…I quite enjoy your postings…although I get the itch to get me some Middle-earth SBG myself…not so good ;-p

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Something different on the table: Yesterday I got myself the new “Heroes of Terrinoth” game, a reimplementation of the Warhammer Quest card game, which always got excellent reviews. I tried the intro game (A Goblin Problem) solo, and it was good fun. Looking forward to trying it with friends tomorrow.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Did not get Warhammer Quest because of the License shift…but liked the game concept. So this one will def find its way to me 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Played Blackstone Fortress the other night. Not bad! I’m not a fan of the random draw to see whether the turn is a short challenge or what will probably be an hour-or-nore-long combat though. The combat system is simple and works well, and while rolling for every figure on a table is a pain, it does bring a lot of variety and interest to the enemy AI. The game can be harsh though, one of our characters got trapped in a solo combat with 9 traitor guardsmen!

But overall I thought it was a pretty cool game.

Dustin
    Dustin
    Participant

I have enjoyed my plays of Blackstone Fortress as well. The one solo mission someone did in Precipice was kind of odd though. It made all the other players just kind of hang out. Overall though everyone enjoyed it. My only complaint is there were a few rules situations that the rulebook didn’t go over. One of the big ones was what happens to a character that gets taken out of action, but doesn’t die, in Precipice? Do they insta-heal because they are in precipice, or do they sit out the next expedition?

I started an Arcadia Quest campaign with my daughter and son, and we are having a lot of fun with that. I got a whole bunch of it in a trade so I am glad we are enjoying it.

I got another game in of A Song of Ice and Fire Miniatures Game, and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite 2 player games. I love the theme, and the hybrid board game meets miniatures game rules. I just picked up all of the 3D terrain, which also helps.

And finally, I got two more games of Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire/Nightvault in and, as usual, had a great time. So far I may be leaning towards the Skaven as my favorite war band.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That happened when my robot character got ambushed as a result of a challenge card, suddenly it was a solo game! It was tense though and everyone got into it.

I didn’t find anything about healing in Precipice either, I must research that.

I just couldn’t face getting the ASOIAF minis game—too many minis to paint—but Will bought it. I’ve heard good things.

Dustin
    Dustin
    Participant

Oh, definitely daunting to think about painting ASoIaF. Being a new painter I haven’t even considered it, lol. I would be painting for the next 3 years. I am used to gaming with unpainted minis so I just play with it like it is. Maybe if I were to play in a tournament or something I would paint just the army I was bringing. It is great, but hard to get to the table for me for some reason. My board game group immediately says not interested when they see a ruler or measuring device for movement, and the local miniatures group seem to really only play Games Workshop games. I have been playing with my daughter.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It would be good to try and get those Warhammer players playing something else—they might get a shock when they play a game without constant dice rolling! Maybe go along to the group with a friend and just start playing on a table. Eventually they’ll wander over and start asking questions, and the more adventurous might even try it out. 🙂

actmoon
    Participant

Been playing a lot of Nemesis and Architects of the west kingdoms lately.

Nemesis is really really thematic. I really like how all themechisms tie in with the theme. Making it easier to absorb.

Architects is going over great with my playgroup I think the whole “no upkeep/refresh” phase thing helps to keep the game smooth and exciting.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

We delved further into Moria yesterday, with the third (of four) scenarios about the journey through the dark. Very fun and thematic.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Very nice Terrain…did you make all of this out of foam?

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Yes, as documented here. Here’s a little video. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 49 through 60 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.