Home Forums The Gaming Room What have you been playing lately?

This topic contains 107 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Grifter Grifter 2 days, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Those boards look great….and that Video is rather epic with the music added…very cool 🙂

briscoe999
    Participant

In addition to playing my weekly/semi-weekly game of Memoir ’44 (currently I playing the Invasion of Crete Campaign); I dipped my toe back into D&D after a VERY LONG hiatus (I played alot of First Edition when it was out). I started playing D&D 5E as a Ranger in the Lords of Waterdeep Campaign, and I am having alot of fun with it. I forgot how fun RPG’s are when played with the right crowd!!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Ha! Epic fly over! 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Played “Gloom of Kilforth”…one of my KS games…for the first time. Backed it mostly for the stunning Artworks but the game itself is quite good. Not sure how much replayability it has…but despite it not having the best of rulebooks we had fun with it.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Played another quest of Heroes of Terrinoth. 4 players successfully foiled the “Foul Ritual”. Difficulty was definitely a good notch up from the introductory scenario, which is welcome. We finished the night with two rounds of Love Letter, always a lovely little filler.

Today is time for Star Wars: Rebellion, introducing a new player to the game.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Bought Fallout: Wasteland Warfare from Mödipheus and played it co-op with a friend. Interesting AI mechanic…nice models…and great theme. We had a lot of fun and will play it again soon 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It looks quite nice, though the minis are very expensive here.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

After skipping it last year, I’m playing in the big yearly BGG War of the Ring tournament again. You can check the participants, their games and the tournament progress here: https://challonge.com/de/WotR2019

I won my first two games and lost the third (very unluckily). The fourth is tonight and I really need to win it to keep my chances for being in the final cut. I’ll be paying the Shadow versus Muhamed Vila, a very good player from Bosnia.

Apart from another game of Star Wars: Rebellion last week, it’s been mostly rpgs here though. We had a revival weekend with the old high school gaming crew and had a great time battling krakens and chasing down evil demon-worshippers on Friday and Saturday. Then this week, we really started in our new Night’s Black Agents campaign, with a crew of ex-spies finding out about and fighting a big vampire conspiracy.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Good luck Ralf!

Dustin
    Dustin
    Participant

It has been awhile so I have quite a few games to mention.

I got my all in KS of Heroes of Land, Air and Sea recently and quickly got a 5 player game in. It was a lot fun, very RTS feeling, kind of like Warcraft or something. Wasn’t as long as I thought it would be, clocking in at about 2 hours. I will have to play it more, but so far I dig it.

I got a game in of Rivet Wars from CMON with my daughter the other day. I got it in a trade and it is a pretty cool, simple, quick game.

I played a few games of Western Legends, as well as demoed it at the Southern Board Game Fest we have annually in South Louisiana, and as usual, had a great time with it. I can’t wait for the new Ante Up expansion KS I backed.

Got another play of Claustrophobia 1643 in and loved it as much as I did the first time. This time I played the demon player and as expected, was a lot of fun.

I also got to teach A Song of Ice and Fire to one of my board game group and he seemed to enjoy it. Of course, I had to endure constant remarks about “measuring to move, blah, blah” from everyone else. After the game he said he enjoyed it and would play again, except, you guessed it, he wasn’t a fan of measuring to move. I can’t figure out the issue my group has with that mechanic.

CK Lai
    Participant

Nemesis has been hitting the table a lot, recently. Multi-player. Revisited Conan to brush up the mechanics for Batman.

Got in a game of Warmachine Mk.3 and finally got in a demo game of Beyond the Gates of Antares.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Warmachine – it’s been a long time. I’ve got large Menoth and Cryx armies.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 108 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.