Home Forums The Gaming Room What have you been playing lately?

This topic contains 103 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Uthoroc Uthoroc 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 73 through 84 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Universal Head
    Keymaster

Wish Nemesis would hurry up; I had to get it in one shipment. I did go back to the pledge manager and get the other expansion because of the good reviews though.

CK Lai
    Participant

Nemesis is wrapping up production it seems. Shipping in 2-3 months.

Warmachine : apparently Mk.3 flows better and has less “broken” units compared to Mk.1. Apparently as I’ve never played Mk.1 before.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I seem to keep buying new rules and unti cards for Warmachine and never actualy getting around to playing it. It’s probably been a decade or more since it hit the table.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Like the backround of Warmahordes and the factions are nearly all cool. I was ready to get into it with the 3rd Ed. My hope was that they get rid of the repeating poses with plastic. They did not 🙁 I am one of those that ultimately did not go for it because of repeating sculpts for quite a high price. Too many alternatives that give you unique poses with all the minis for a better price…so money went elsewhere. There is hope for the next Edition 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Yes, I did notice they all started looking the same. It was like the styles of the factions were so established they couldn’t break out of them much.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Got hooked on Gloomhaven again now that I unlocked a new class. Looks like we are half way through the main story line. Looking forward to see the story evolve!

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Played a 4 Player War of the Ring with one expansion. First game after sooo many years. Could barely remember the rules. Had to stop because of time and it was about half way through. Had fun…even so I played Saruman and was killed because I had no troops with him in Orthanc…now I know that there are 2 cards with the same effect that can take him out 🙂 Will see what I can do in the second half of the game.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I played two more games of Arkham Horror lately, from the Dunwich Legacy series: Essex County Express and Undimensioned and Unseen. Damn, these are getting real tough, we didn’t manage either. But I like that you can just continue the story and don’t need to try a scenario over and over.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I really enjoy the game, but I can’t remember actually winnng a scenario. It always seems so easy at the start, then things rapidly spiral out of hand …

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

It really depends on Character selection and a bit of dice….ähm…draw luck 😉 If your Characters do not fit well with the scenario your are much more likely to fail. And a nice draw at the right time can do wonders 🙂

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

We played another scenario of Joan of arc last night: The Battle of Crecy. As I expected the luck of the dice was much mitigated by the vastly larger number of units on the board. I managed to disrupt the Black Prince and then kill Edward III (in a clash of kings!) in round 5 of the game (6 max), but my losses had been mounting and the Black Prince managed to rally. So in the victory conditions check only the English fulfilled their objective (kill 10+ French and Genoese units).

This was a very fun tactical scenario, there the French have to try to keep their knights together in the face of constant arrow barrage, so they can mount effective charges against the English lines.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Sounds great! Still waiting for my copy …

Viewing 12 posts - 73 through 84 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.