Home Forums The Gaming Room What have you been playing lately?

This topic contains 135 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Universal Head 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 97 through 108 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Dustin
    Dustin
    Participant

I got to do a good bit of gaming on my week off. I got another play of Jaws in, as well as two plays of Blood Rage one night. Star Wars Legion hit the table again, as well as one of my favorite games ever, Forbidden Stars. I wanted to finally get my first play of Wild West Exodus in, and had it all set up, but it never happened before I had to leave for work again. Maybe next time. Since moving into my new home and having a dedicated game room with an actual gaming table, it has really got a lot of my friends interested in coming check some games out, which is awesome.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Excellent!

I played 2 games of Wrath of Kings on the weekend. Still getting the damn rules wrong. 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

@uthoroc Hi Ralf….Essen is fast approaching. Are you also there this year? 🙂

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I won’t be working at Essen this year, we’re not running a booth. But I want to go privately for a change – should be there Friday/Saturday or so. Happy to meet up!

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I played Root for the first time today. I really love the cute artwork, and the game was really great as well – a very asymetric, cutthroat wargame. Those little critters are nasty! 😉

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I vaguely thought about getting that one …

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

@uthoroc Looks like we will be there on Friday. If you are too, shoot me a mail with your number at soulsorcerer@web.de and we might get it to work 🙂

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

And done. 🙂

Old Dwarf
    Old Dwarf
    Participant

I usually play something in keeping with Halloween during October.This year
    I’m playing Court of the Dead Mourners Call. This could become my favorite Game.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Tell us about it, I haven’t heard of that one.

Dustin
    Dustin
    Participant

I have Court of the Dead: Mourner’s Call waiting for me to get home from work as well! I can’t wait to play. I had a chance to open it up before I left and the components are great. It is an area control, card drafting KS game with a cool, dark theme. I should get this one played next week, so I will see if the game lives up to the components.

Before I left I did get to play Big Trouble in Little China: The Board Game, and it was great fun. It has always been my favorite movie, but I was wary about the game because of a bunch of typo issues and rules errors on the components, but I broke down and bought the deluxe edition because someone was selling it for cheap on Facebook. I am glad I picked it up finally.

I played a game of Fate of the Elder Gods with my new play mat and enjoyed it, as usual.

Besides Court of the Dead, I have quite a few new games waiting for me when I get home. I picked up Mythic Battles Pantheon 1.5 with the KS exclusives, Puppet Wars Unstitched (and a bunch of sewing spools to pimp it out, thanks to someone’s youtube video) and Aetherium, a cyber punk miniatures skirmish game. My days off should be filled with some great gaming.

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Had a nice game of Pacific Rim: Extinction with my son yesterday. He almost managed to obliterate my Saber Athena with one massive hit, but then his Shrikethorn got tag-teamed by both Jaegers, before Athena’s remaining pilot got brainfried. The game’s final outcome was decided in a brutal slugfest between Gypsy Avenger and Obsidian Fury, in which a lucky plasma-blast took out the last remaining Kaiju.

Viewing 12 posts - 97 through 108 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.