Home Forums The Reception Hall What would you like to see in 2020?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hi all! I really have no idea how many people regularly visit these forums anymore, but if you do, I’d like to ask you: what would YOU like to see on the EOG in 2020?

Now’s your chance to give me frank and honest feedback. What would you like to see more of? Less of? What do you like? Not like? I want to try some new things this year and will consider all ideas.

Also, would you be upset if I shut down the forums? Considering everyone’s social media use these days, I do sometimes wonder if it’s worth having forums anymore …

Give it to me fellow gamers!

SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

Hi there! I pretty much like what has been the content so far. The videos with Will are always great fun. But it clearly gets more lonely around here. I myself have less time to spend on my hobbies. I am no (anti) social media fan and stay away from FB, twitter etc. So I would be sad to see the forums go…but I can understand that this is a time and money investment that should be rewarding in some way at least. And I have no idea how to make this more attractive and lively. I might follow the videos on youtube…not sure. So I hope the best and expect the worst…as always in live 😉

Keymaster

Thanks Soulsorceror, but judging by the response here and the general level of activity, I may be forced to shut down the forums unless there is a very strong objection. Hardly anyone uses this form of discussion anymore it seems, and this year I’m trying to cut down on the amount of things I have to check and keep track of so I can concentrate more on just creating more content.

You’ll always be able to see what’s new on the home page of this website even if you don’t follow the social media feeds.

UthorocUthoroc

Yeah, I’m an old forum fan and always try to post and share stuff here, but I can see that the activity is extremely low. So I’d be sad to see them go, but also understand it. Otherwise, battle reports are my favorite thing, with Unboxings and Painting tutorials next.

SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

Hi Peter! Saw the Dust vid and wanted to comment under it…but was not able to. Noticed that on a lot of the vid´s lately. Is that a “bug” or intentional?

Keymaster

Really? That’s not good at all and shouldn’t be happening. Why exactly can’t you comment?

(Bloody technology!)

Keymaster

Fixed now! Sorry about that.

SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

Thank you! 🙂

MarcellusWallaceMarcellusWallace
    Participant

Well, what can i say about the closing of the forums. After all i am the most active one of all…hope you read the dripping sarcasm.
    I do enjoy reading about all kinds of boardgame related things and i also do like this forum to share some things every once in a while. Often i can’t really participate in discussions, since a lot of the games are tabletop wargames and i don’t play any of them (not that i would not like it. I just don’t have any). I do enjoy to paint and see painted miniatures though. I don’t use instagram or twitter.

But do what makes you happy of course. If the forums are more of a hassle than a joy to you, then close them and make space for other thoughts.

Concerning 2020. I do not know. I am thankful for some of the rules summaries, i enjoy the battlereport/unboxing/painting videos, you got me into using foamcore and i even got myself a tablemat from deepcutstudios because of your video. Foamcore probably was how i originally discovered the order. I am open for new things, what do you have in mind?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.