Home Forums The Gaming Room WHERE’S MY CONAN GAME, BY CROM!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@UH: looks like Aetherworks (?) is making you wait till the last minute 😛

Keymaster

It better arrive this morning …

Keymaster

IT’s HERE BY CROM!!!!

Participant

Bloody hell… talk about last minute arrival. Looking forwards to your unboxing so I can compare my paltry retail box.

Participant

LOL. Methinks UH has expired in a paroxysm of ecstasy at all the exquisite plastic minis 😀

Keymaster

Played the game tonight. It was BRILLIANT!

Participant

Even with the poorly written rulebook?

Participant

Rulebook is usable. The Rulebook isn’t perfect (and errors in translation haven’t helped). But if you’re an experienced gamer, you’ll have no problems.

Now, if you’re a NEWCOMER to these sort of games… I can see where the complaints came from. Basically, the designers wrote the rule books as if they’d be next to us to explain the missing bits.

But we can’t really complain too much. Monolith made the rules available to us for the PnP during the KS campaign. Not many played the game. Else we’d’ve raised issues like LOS clarifications etc.

I just hope Monolith learns from this and applies all the lessons to MB:P.

Keymaster

We had to look up a few things on BGG to clarify them, and it also suffers from the egregious error of putting rules in example boxes, but we muddled through. But what a game! It came right down to the wire, was full of really cinematic moments, and was full of interesting choices. I’m really impressed by the system.

Participant

How many heroes in KS version. Retail only has four… Conan, sneak, wizard and the stripper.

Was considering adding the Conan box to Mythic Battles for variety, but I may be bored of Conan in a year by the time that arrives.

Participant

@8th: Barbarian KS pledge has same 4 heroes. King pledge adds 3 more heroes. Then the Stretch Goals add another 3-4 heroes (IIRC) and 2-3 “frenemies” (Kerim Shah, Olgerd V., Amboola). And then there are the different Conans available at different parts of his career…

Monolith really needs to put out a Hero Pack ASAP as many retail buyers will be in the same boat as yourself… not enough hero variety. One “All Conan” pack. One additional hero pack. One Bad Guy pack. All this while they wait for the 3 Expansions to be finished.

@UH : For all the vaunted experience of the Conan game designers, I must say to me, they feel like a bunch of amateurs. Why have the extra scenarios not been completed? The game was delayed one entire year (Oct 2015 to Oct 2016). I can accept the delays due to actual physical manufacturing issues… something we’ve experienced all too often in other miniature Kickstarters to even grouse about now. But the scenarios? What were the game designers doing during that extra 1 year? And then there’s no FAQ (as of yesterday on the official Monolith Conan site)… we need to rely on the unofficial FAQ on BGG for that. (eg. Did you know that for the 1st scenario, bushes are now officially confirmed to block Line of Sight?).

Sighhhh… agree game engine and system is great and cinematic. Rules and rule book… less impressed.

Participant

Thanks CK.

I was considering buying the Conan crossover from Mythic Battles KS to add variety, but by the time the game arrives I’ll probably have gone through Conan, so I think I’ll give that a miss.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.