Home Forums The Gaming Room WHFRP v3 – which bits should I leave out?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

javaapp
    Participant

I plan on starting a WFRP3E campaign in the new year. I have run both 1st and 2nd edition in the past.

Would anyone care to make any suggestions about sub-systems that I should cut, or are more trouble than they’re worth.

I have always like to run game RAW, but experience has taught me that this isn’t always a good thing.

Also, anything that your players might have had problems with, that I should take care to pay attention to?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Well, it’s a drastic change from 2E, so prepare yourself for a very big shift in style. I’m sure others will have different opinions, but we never ended up using the party tracker. from memory, the stress systems and the stance systems were used pretty erratically too, and often forgotten in the heat of the moment. The problem is, many of these systems are built into the cards used throughout the game, so I don’t know what effect not using them would have.

I think if we ever ventured back into WFRP, we’d probably revert to 2E.

javaapp
    Participant

I would think that stances are a core mechanic, stress less so. But I am a sure there are various character abilities that mitigate stress, so they would be useless if we left out tracking it. Hmmm…

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It’s a veritable can o’ worms …

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.