Home Forums The Gaming Room Wild West

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Soulsorcerer Soulsorcerer 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

Ordered Wild West Exodus Two Player Starter and when I opened it found nearly half the bases missing for the 28 miniatures.

Also no cards for the factions provided.

So I contacted Wayland Games, who sell it now. They said that the cards were out of date and removed from the box. They pointed me to their website where I could download the cards for printing on pay £25 for all 350 cards to be shipped, which covers all factions.

I just paid £40 for the game, so don’t want to fork out another £25 for cards… and printer ink is bloody expensive (and self printed cards never as good as pro-printed.

Not happy with this and waiting to see what they say.

CK Lai
    Participant

Yikes. That’s nasty. Never mind the outdated cards. You still deserve to have a complete set.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

I have quite some WWX minis and I really like the rules,minis and fluff (they have novels…looove my fluff in novels!). The card thing is an old controversy. I like good looking stat cards with easy to spot info on them as much as anyone…but the balancing problem for me is more importent to enjoy the game in the long run. And to be fair…yes printer ink is not cheap…but for the models in your box you need 1-2 A4 prints to cover it. In a sleeve the difference is not that bad. And if you like the game…getting them in a copy shop in top quality and laminated will be a couple of bucks. Should you fall for the game…well…then it will be much more than “just” 25 bucks 😉 But to have the ability do change a card…if need be multiple times…to get the balance right in an evolving game with hundreds of different minis…I find that a great benefit.

Oh…there is a posse generator…I think in the forums…that lets you build your posse and gives all the needed stats in one go…you should try that. And I would love to hear how you like the stuff yourself! Have fun!

8th
    Participant

I was disappointed in the rules too. Paper quality in the mini rules is not great and there are only three scenarios.

Narrative are listed at back at the book, but no details, so I assume that’s a ploy to get you to buy the main rules.

Are the main rules in colour? Because the mini rules were grim.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Ist a nice Hardback 300 Pages Book…full colorish….on good quality paper. The book has the visuals of old pargement and mostly black inked drawings…which I find nice…and some pics are full color. With 200 Pages of nice Fluff…some pages for Factions-Overview….the rules you already know…3 compatitive scenarios…10 narrativ Scenarios and 1 multi-player one…with a couple of Hobby pages and a minitures Gallery rounding it up. But the new owners work on a new Edition…so not sure how that will Change…think the old one is still available. You can look at the actuall rules section of the book here:

http://www.wildwestexodus.com/themes/community-theme-16/downloads/rules/Wild_West_Exodus_Rules_FREE_2015.pdf

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.