Home Forums The Gaming Room World of Twilight

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CK Lai 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

CK Lai
    Participant

Recently, our most esteemed Universal Head was bemoaning the fact that so many new Kickstarters for miniature games are so… blah (for lack of a better term). Lack of theme, background, something unique that sets a game apart…

Introducing (in its final 24 hours or so): The World of Twilight.

(Rules are free to download and there’s a tutorial video available to see how the game plays.)

CK Lai
    Participant

(Apologies for that great white gap at the bottom of the post. Didn’t realise it was there on my phone’s screen. Now I can no longer edit the post 🙁 ).

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Something wrong with that Kickstarter link – I edited it but it still puts in the gap for some strange reason.

CK Lai
    Participant

What do you think of the actual KS?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’ve seen this world before, it’s been around for a while. Seems influenced by Brian Froud’s art, the Dark Crystal, with a bit of Dinotopia thrown in. The name is unfortunate given the popularity of the vampire books/movies!

Nice to see something a bit different, but it doesn’t really ring my bell I’m afraid.

CK Lai
    Participant

Yes it is. I’m a sucker for Froud’s designs. Still, I had to struggle a bit before commiting to this one, primarily because I have so many games as it is.

But the variable activation sequence and unique combat finally turned the tide. Granted, it does go down the “roll to hit” and “roll for damage” road… but does it differently enough and it’s simple enough that it’s acceptable. That plus the miniatures… nice!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.