Home Forums The Gaming Room Wrath of Kings 2.0

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Soulsorcerer Soulsorcerer 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

CK Lai
    Participant

New WoK 2.0 stuff here:

http://wrathofkings.com/ks/massive-updates-stat-cards-motivations-and-more/

Some rules clarifications and minor adjustments (mainly clarifying what is a toggle), new Motivations, new cards for Hadross and Shael Han.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Well, Hadross has certainly got an overhaul, and I’m glad to see Motivations has too, because they always seemed a bit off to me.

And they’ve increased the font size on the back of the cards, something I was asking them to do back in the Kickstarter days. Shame the design is still so cluttered.

Good to see the game is getting attention, but I think CMON really don’t promote it well enough.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

After seeing the unboxing I do feel like they’ve missed the opportunity to add narrative games and scenarios. The motivations are all very well, but don’t give a flavour of the world. I would have loved to have seen some story-driven scenarios.

And more proper background material. A few pages of story don’t give the world enough to make it come alive.

CK Lai
    Participant

Yes. Plus sponsored tournaments based on a campaign scenario like what was recently done for “Beyond the Gates of Antares”.

I passed that game because the rules were a bit in the fiddly side (for me). But their community and world-building is second to none (aside from GW that has dozens of years of back story and retcons).

8th
    Participant

I’d like to get a deck of those cards and hardback rules, but can’t find them for sale at moment. Only got one faction, but willing to proxy to try out the game.

CK Lai
    Participant

@8th : you can always download the cards and rules and proxy to see if you like it before splashing out for actual cards and rules.

8th
    Participant

Already done that,but my printer is racist… it won’t print cyan. Need to replace it, but prefer to get one that uses the inks I already have to avoid waste.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

I like the Cmon games….Wrath of Kings has a unique and cool look for each faction…did not play it yet…so no idea if the rules are solid…but the look is great…and for me that is a good part of the fun.

Even more a fan of Dark Age…here minis and rules are top notch…and the “March to Imortality” organized play has great scenarios every year. Not like an ongoing, world changing campaigne…but Close enough for me 🙂

Maybe the will do something like that with WOK in the future too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.