Home Forums The Gaming Room Wrath of Kings

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Participant

CK Lai – well detailed battle reports. They make a good read too.
    The dice gods can be so fickle and cruel at times !.
    Rolling 10s at crucial times can be absolutely devastating can’t it.

The motivations cards are a good idea.
    I wanted to do that too but thought I’d have trouble making some of the wordier ones fit on a card.

Participant

Yeah. That’s why the backside is so plain. Didn’t have any room to do a nicer layout since I had to cram so much text there. Some of the motivations only have a few sentences. Others entire paragraphs.

@ UH: no problem. You do a nicer one and post it up 🙂

Keymaster

I’ll put it on the list. Damn real world work has me swamped lately! 🙁

Participant

Or you could just use mine, plain as they are 😀

Keymaster

I will, thankyou. I don’t mean to cast aspersions on them, I’m just being my usual obsessive graphic designery self!

Participant

Haha. Don’t worry… I’m like that, too. You can see how OCD I am with the graphics design on my Dirz WoK cards when they are finally finished 😉

The ones on BGG: I needed some cards in a hurry because I needed to play a game that afternoon, so I knocked them out in like 30 minutes or less. 😛

Participant

Latest news on WoK’s future plans:

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/the-future-of-wrath-of-kings-revealed-at-cmon-expo-2015/

The “change the game world according to the outcome of various tournaments” sounds very nice… but makes the rest of us in the RoW feel very left out.

Keymaster

I must admit it doesn’t have any effect on my playing of the game at all as I don’t play campaigns, but I can understand how some players would feel like they’re missing out.

Participant

Confrontation 3/3.5 did a similar thing just before Confrontation 4; they re-mapped faction territories slightly and changed the alignments a couple of factions after some European tournaments.

The Pelagarth Brute looks interesting could be a Naiser version of the ShaelHan Hammer of Heaven.
    The Skorza Executioners appear like a version of the Shield Breakers in being heavily armoured.
    Carcharan Deepmen have a hammer-head shark appearance in the drawing. Wonder what the tiger soldiers will look like ?
    I suppose we will expect these to come out with the book ‘Wrath of Kings: Unbound’ in six months or so.

The other big question is will these releases be Kickstartered or just released through retail outlets ?

Participant

Hi folks! The final version of the WoK Motivations cards is out, following some feedback from users on BGG. Version 1.3. Download link is here if you’re interested:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/115445/motivation-cards

Keymaster

Lovely stuff, well done!

Participant

Thanks, UH. Finally got off my butt to clean up the cards and make them look nice 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.