Home Forums The Gaming Room Wrath of Kings

Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Participant

If you get it cheap, try to pick up a box of Rank 2 character leaders so you can at least play up to a skirmish level game. Else you’ll be limited to intro level solely due to lack of leaders.

Participant

No leaders in the Starter set?

And I just realised I don’t have a rule book…. oops!

Participant

You have 2 Rank 1 leaders in your Starter Set. That’s good enough for an Intro level game. If you want a larger battle, you need more leaders. Your Starter set has enough troops for a Skirmish level battle, but not enough leaders.

The rules are available download for free at the WoK site.

Participant

8thPagan you could print out some of the cards and proxy them (paint up one of your Rank1 leaders a bit different)
    Shael Han rely on a lot of interactions utilising the leaders’ inspirations and training.
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/wok/ShaelHanCards.pdf

Rulebook (you only need up to page 23 for all the rules)
    http://wrathofkings.com/ks/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/WoK-Kickstarter-Rules.pdf

Participant

“8thPagan you could print out some of the cards and proxy them”

That’s also true. Forgot about that. Proxy the leader. You will need the 2 that came in the Starter Set.

And don’t forget EOG’s always-excellent, always-indispensable rules summary here.

And my own humble efforts at making Motivation Cards here 😀

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/115445/motivation-cards-v13

Participant

Thanks for the information. I’ll get some downloading done.

Already have the EoG rules reference obviously.

This website is helpful. Almost like a community. An order perhaps. For esoteric subjects related to gamers.

Participant

Those are kickstarter rules. Any significant changes between those and print version?

As for proxies. I always have Warmachine/Hordes.

Participant

@8th: looks like Razide gave you the wrong link. Back to the WoK website, under the downloads section. The full rules, plus the ebook/novella is available for download. There are some differences between the 2 rules sets, so best to download the full rules, plus the FAQ. WoK at its core is a simple game.But the interactions between the various abilities and feats spawn a lot of questions. Chief among them being your Shael Han. Their Insights make them very flexible, but learning how to use them (much less effectively) is the challenge.

Participant

Everything seems to link to KS rules. Can’t find final version.

Participant

Hmmm. Does the PDF you downloaded include the faction stats and a novella (about 247 pages) or just the rules (about 23 pages)? If the latter, it’s not the latest version.

If it’s not the latest version, let me have your email and I’ll link you to the latest version then.

(Sorry, for the life of me, I can’t recall where I downloaded the full rules from… unless Razide can help?).

Participant

File is called Wok Kickstarter rules and 247 pages.

Participant

In that case, that’s the latest version. You’re good to go 🙂

Sorry for the confusion. There was an earlier version of the rules with the same name but only about 24 pages or so. No fluff. Rules were a bit different too.

Viewing 12 posts - 37 through 48 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.