Home Forums The Workshop Wrath of Kings

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Here’s the longhorn with a figure to show scale.

Wrath of Kings - Nasier Longhorn

Participant

There’ll be no hiding on the table for your Longhorn with such magenta skin. You’ve really managed to give him a frightening & crazed expression. He’ll just have to roll lots of hit damage hits.

Shael Han all assembled except the Dragon.
    The only problem appears to be a missing bit of hair for the alternate BigSister.
    Assembling Deathbloom was a bit finicky but she turned out ok in the end – letting the torso bond securely really helps.

Nasera
    Finished assembling the KS addons box. May have to re-position Arkan Thesh on his base as too far forward.
    Starter box next up – I’m going to be sick of those back blades on the Ashmen by the time i’m finished.

It is so tempting to do a Galvanic Defender – I can hardly wait to paint the Kangaroo thing he is riding.

Keymaster

Careful with those back blades. I almost lost a few because I was using tweezers to hold them when I was gluing them in place, and several times they flicked off into god-knows-where. I was lucky to find them all.

I’ve assembled the Nasier but I’m waiting on a fresh order of rare earth magnets before I base them all.

Participant

One of the small backblades shot off into the ether but was luckily found the next morning.
    Nasier now assembled.
    Teknes KS add-on assembled except for The Mighty Taur who will need some hot water therapy to align the upper torso.
    Onto the Starter box but the supa glue has just about run out.

Participant

Now only need to assemble the 12 Teknes PigMen Union workers in the starter, Mighty Taur and the Shael Han dragon after I buy some more supa glue.

The only real assembly problem with the Teknes was the sword arm of the female Linemen where the shoulder and arm socket lug/hole don’t join properly. Using a bit of force I was able to insert and rotate the arm around to bed it in.
    Only one broke in the process; in retrospect trimming the lug may have been a better idea.
    Also the Octopus head/body join on the Zaalaks could do with some green-stuff along with a lot of the Goritsi wolves.

I undercoated the Ancient King and IronEyes along with a couple of other figures. I washed the two promo figures in detergent first to compare with the other not being washed and rinsed. The water appeared to go cloudy which makes me wonder if there is some sort of release agent or something from production on the figures.

Also still contemplating how to go about the basing for the lot.

Participant

hmmm ! The Painting Nasier thread on the Coolmini forum shows a couple of examples of below the rim basing.
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/showthread.php?59498-Paintin Nasier

I like the way the FellHammer’s tail curls around the handle of one of the hammers.

For some Faction bases I’d like to have the ground level come up to or near the rim leaving some lower portions around the feet for small pools using clear PVC glue/water effects and to embed some of their ankles for support.
    For Hadross they’d be all standing in shallow water.

Keymaster

Interesting, though I think I prefer the texture up to the rim – not sure why.

Participant

“Interesting, though I think I prefer the texture up to the rim – not sure why.” – I think it tends to look a bit better too but it’s too late for that for my lot now.

Finished assembling the Teknes PigMen (I hope that isn’t too politically incorrect) which took longer than expected due to one having the incorrect shield arm and another having the wrong head and both arms so these two took a bit of time trimming the lugs to fit the holes. The shield arm guy I finally ended up cutting of the lug and pinning the arm on.

Mighty Taur is scheduled for a hot bath this week to try and rectify the distortion of one side of the upper torso.

Keymaster

Hope you got my thankyou email razide? I’d hate for your very generous donation to be thought of as going unappreciated!

Participant

Yes I did receive your email sorry for the tardiness in replying.

the Mighty Taur had his hot bath and therapeutic bending last night and is now assembled. Still a slight split between the upper torso halves but nothing too extreme now and easily fixed with a bit of greenstuff.
    Only the Fu Lung Devourer now left to assemble.

Then greenstuffing, basing and painting.

Keymaster

Well, finally got my 10x2mm rare earth magnets so I’ll be back to basing the rest of my Nasier figures soon. The larger size magnet allows me to only use one per figure.

Participant

Still can not decide on which tail to put on the FuLung Devourer but have decided on the rider with the lance.
    What to do with the alternative rider ?

I spent the weekend washing the whole lot in soapy water and rinsing them. Talk about time consuming.
    This week to start some basing in earnest.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.