Home Forums The Workshop Wrath of Kings

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m a newcomer to the site, but here’s my contribution: my first lot of painted WoK minis:

Pelegarth Bloodmasks and Howl

Looks like I have a LOT to learn about painting flesh. Sigh.

Participant

CK Lai – your Nasier minis look pretty good to me.
    I recall reading on the CoolMini forums someone said the Nasier have pale skin until it is coloured by their masks (?)

UH – the CMoN Greathorn is ok but I think he/she should have cloven feet. Come to think of it I could have just used the Tekkens mighty Cow as proxy.
    I just bought the Satyr from a local shop to save waiting. I only discovered later that night there was an Australian OnLine shop selling some WoK. However their shipping from WA/SA is actually more than from the CMoN shop !!! Lesson learned.

Keymaster

Looking good! The Nasier have all different skin tones in my army due to the varying effect of the masks, you can get away with anything pale flesh to purple to pink I reckon.

I just received my missing bases from CMON, but no Goritsi Starter Set. I very much hope this means it is coming soon in a separate bag (though I have no idea why) and not they have managed to stuff up my order AGAIN.

Participant

Thanks, guys. Perhaps I should have said: my ability to blend the skin tones is bad, not the actual colour of the skin itself. However, I’ve just started using a wet pallette, which I used when painting the Howl (I’m a bit happier with the skin tone blending on that one), so I hope that will improve in the future.

Good luck on receiving your missing stuff, UH. I’m waiting on a few missing bits and bobs plus a complete missing character: the Dragonslayer. I read some folks have started receiving their missing/wrong replacements, so let’s hope for the best!

Participant

The BloodEngine & Oresund Cavalier were delivered yesterday, have been assembled and awaiting some minor green stuffing tonight.
    The BloodEngine Handler may have to do some stand-in duty for Gregori don Sissora with a bit on conversion work.
    Also need to find a proxy for Hestra Nostrollo, Herald Of Blood.

Participant

foam rock

A lot of spray paint on a foam rock can create the look of extreme erosion on sandstone.

Paint still progressing.

Hordes Satyr conversion to Greathorn done now in painting stage.

Keymaster

Image isn’t showing for some reason?

Participant

Oh, good. Thought I was the only that couldn’t see it 😉

Participant

sprayed foam

The images from photobucket are sometimes problematic to post.

Keymaster

Wow. that’s kinda creepy.

Participant

That looks cool.

So you let the spray paint eat away at the foam?

Participant

I think it was the black GW primer spray.
    It was my Drune ‘Stone of Blood’ Nexus for Confrontation 3.5 on a 5cm base.

Here is a similar effect – for a CD sized rough ground area. It gives the impression of a badly decayed structure from the side.
    rough ground area

The GreatHorn proxy in an early painting stage. The sunlight makes it look lighter than it is.
    My wife likes the ‘appointments belt’ of green stuff pouches.
    Greathorn -base painted

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.