Home Forums The Workshop Wrath of Kings

Viewing 12 posts - 73 through 84 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I think I’m getting the hang of this miniature painting thing….

Rathor

Keymaster

Nice! See, my deep dark secret to be a good painter is that it just takes a bit of practice. 🙂

Participant

Practice… plus a wet pallette 🙂

I recently discovered the joy of using a wet pallette and it’s improved my blends no end. Pity I only learned about it after I painted the Bloodmasks. Oh, well.

Keymaster

Yep, took me years to discover that tip and it makes a huge difference to painting.

Participant

So this is my Arkan Thesh. Bent weapon shaft. how did you straighten yours? Or am I attaching mine the wrong way?

Arkan

Keymaster

This was probably the only incidence where a piece didn’t fit very well; mine bent a little but nothing like that. I can see his bottom hand isn’t fully plugged into the wrist for a start. Might be better cuting off the lugs and gluing the hands so the weapon shaft isn’t bent.

Participant

CK Lai, good job on the Rathor.

I had a similar problem with Arkan Thesh too. I cut a little bit off the shaft between the two hands so it would look straight.

Also his mask horns are stupidly delicate and I broke one in half which needed gluing.

Keymaster

Yes, a horn on mine has broken and been re-glued twice now. They are a bit over the top.

Participant

Thanks, Razide. Looks like I’ll have to do some modifications to Arkan’s hands. Sigh.

Yeah, the left hand isn’t fully pushed in, but that’s because I haven’t glued it in yet. But given the minute gap in the hand and the amount of bend in the weapon shaft, I don’t think it’s going to make much difference.

Participant

No progress painting WoK this week.

Finally some more movement from CMoN – unit boxes for the 3rd type of infantry for each faction released in June2015.
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/articles/8436-summers-wrath-is-just-beginning!

Keymaster

Shame about the price. At US$35 a pop it will cost a pretty penny to get them all in NZ. Rather than feed my completist compulsions, that just makes me want to sit happily on what I already have.

Keymaster

And I wish CMON would put that glorified forum software they call a website out to pasture and modernise the thing!

Viewing 12 posts - 73 through 84 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.