Home Forums The Gaming Room Zombicide Black Plague

This topic contains 77 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  CK Lai 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 78 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

And the zombie madness continues. Zombicide Black Plague funds in 16 minutes. Not a day old and approaching a million.

I missed early bird by seconds due to serious server lag at KS, but I guess it saved me money as I opted for base product instead.

Like the new hero panel and with my B-sieged bonus characters I will have plenty of characters to choose from.

I’m sure pace will slow soon, but this is going to be a massive kickstarter at the end.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I had a good look at this, but I just couldn’t get excited, even though this Zombicide thing seems to be a licence to print money for CMON. The whole basic zombie-bashing nature of it left me uninterested. It looks nice (that tile artwork looks similar to the old Cadwallon city tiles by Rackham, I wonder if it’s the same artist?) but the gameplay seems too basic.

Here’s the link for those interested.

razide
    Participant

I’m been very interested in this version of Zombicide but I really need another big board game like I need the bubonic plague ! I think I’ve listen to too many podcasts or watched too many videos of Zombicide recently and find my resolve weakening.
    Maybe this is why I picked the WoK zombicide Alyana option instead of the TwightKnight.

The plastic dashboard gizmo looks nifty and the survivor figures appear to have a lot of detail & character to them.

At least you can pretend they are plague victim instead of the regular zombie types.

UH – yes those tiles look so much like the Cadwallon town ones in style and colouring.
    I was hoping to use the set I had for a CryHavoc Hybrid dockside scenario but it turned out you needed two different sets of tiles.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Also, I’d like CMON to start delivering on Blood Rage, B-Sieged: Sons of the Abyss and Rum & Bones before I give them anymore money. 🙂

8th
    Participant

You want something for your money? You sound like Qatar talking to Sepp Blatter and Fifa.

Game looks improved in Z:BP and I like those character boards. Much better than Zombicide. And Thrud the Barbarian plus Xena….

CK Lai
    Participant

Look under “shipping”. Looks like CMON doesn’t like Malaysia.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Geez, that’s not very helpful is it?

One thing that annoys me about these Zombicide games is the wholesale stealing of pop culture characters without attribution or licencing. It’s just not cricket, as the English would say.

CK Lai
    Participant

The thing that gets to me is: shipping to Singapore is waaaaay cheaper and we are neighbours! In terms of shipping cost, there’s very little to differentiate us. I once priced the cost of shipping a product to Malaysia from Jakarta, Indonesia. The price difference compared to Singapore was only $0.05! Of course, that was with air freight bulk rates, but still…

I think satire/homage is covered under fair use laws. Otherwise a lot lot of other TV shows would’ve gotten sued as well. It’s the old “nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean” bit.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Yeah, you’re right about that. It’s just a thing I have about seeing all the popular culture characters and tropes getting homogenised and overused. Going off on a tangent, I often wonder what it’s like for younger people growing up in this sea of references to things they have to catch up on!

Jack Romeo
    Jack Romeo
    Participant

In their defence, the pop culture characters are Kickstarter exclusive promos. Some are free, others you have to pay for during the campaign, but they are not sold at retain. I think they are a nice touch, and since they are not retail products they are rare enough not to be proliferating everywhere.

I’m a huge fan of Zombicide, got all in at the third Kickstarter and will be going all in for this one as well. The minis are great, and painting the first edition is what got me seriously into painting in the first place 🙂

8th
    Participant

Younger people! Pah! They should go out and get some culture… watch some B movies, watch some B TV series.

And yes, pop into the comments section any time some character from a show older than last year and the kids are asking who it is. Ash, Xena and Merlin (from Excalibur movie) to mention but three.

And yes… I am old, but you’re never to old to game 🙂

CK Lai
    Participant

Heh. If I recall, there’s a web site somewhere out there that actually lists who these minis are based on… which popular actor/character etc.

For the regular Zombicides, of course. Not for this one (yet).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.