Home Forums The Gaming Room Zombicide Black Plague

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The question you have to ask yourself is this…

Where else can you find Xena, Ash, Merlin and David Bowie fighting zombies in a fantasy world?

Apart from your fevered imagination…

Keymaster

Yeah, see … for some reason, that doesn’t do it for me. It’s just a mish-mash of recycled pop culture fantasy characters and it doesn’t feel like a unified theme to me, so it doesn’t get me very excited. I’m obviously over-thinking it, but it’s just not reallying my bell. 🙂

Participant

It was not a serious question. You don’t buy a game for a gimic, well you shouldn’t anyway.

Games are expensive and if you don’t think you’ll get use it, it is just a waste of cash that should be spent on something you want… or need.

Keymaster

If only that were true! 🙂 That said, despite the size of my collection I have very few duds. There’s a little bit of repetition of style and theme, but very few duds!

Anyway, I’m watching the gameplay video and seeing if it’ll tempt me.

Keymaster

Yep, watched the gameplay video. Not convinced on this one. Oh well!

Participant

When I backed Zombicide 3, I knew it was all about a bunch of survivors trying to escape the Zombie Apocalypse, which a few neat mechanics and LOT of zombie killing.

Then I got hit with a $100 shipping fee and requested a refund so I still hv no idea how the game plays.

Participant

I have picked up a few duds in the past. Death Angel for one. What a pain that is. Gave it to a friend to try on holiday and not sure he has forgiven me yet.

There are some recent games on KS that I liked the look of, but couldn’t justify the purchase.

Middara looks interesting, but not fond of the manga art and not sure it would suit my players.

Zero Agents has some amazing looking miniatures, but the gameplay looked a bit weak.

Project Elite with the manic dice rolling put me off.

I even resisted Ghostbusters. Movies are fun to watch, but the gameplay looked limited and they wanted too much money for postage.

And your suggestion of Monstrous just doesn’t appeal to me, but we all have different tastes.

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Zombicide holds a special place in my heart, as it was my very first non-traditional board game, and my gateway into the hobby. I’ve backed two seasons of Zombicide and have more zombies than any one person should. I’ve got well over 100 “gimicky” pop culture ripoff survivors WITH their zombie versions. An entire shelf in my game closet holds nothing but Zombicide. What started as a curiosity and a great Christmas present one year turned into an obsession that drained loooooooads of money the following two years….and now I’m over it. LOL

I rarely play the games, and new ones keep getting released faster than I can play through what I’ve already got. I’ll never have time to paint everything to my standard, so I’m left with boxes and boxes full of plastic that is essentially the result of a short stint into Pokemon mindset; “Gotta catch them all.”

That said, I WISH this version released first. I like so much about this one. The dashboards address a constant complaint in the old games with cards sliding all over, there’s armor so no more auto wounds, I love the idea of the moving spawn point (necromancer), magic spells, etc., the minis look great and I prefer the theme to the previous titles.

But this isn’t the first version. And I’m still done buying stuff for this franchise. In the end, it’s more of the same, with a couple new shiny bits to attract “old me.” It’s bittersweet to not be along for another fun Kickstarter ride, but I’ve been there, done that. Show me something new please.

Participant

Comments on Z:BP exploded. Paulo Parente add-on with half naked women miniatures.

People do realise these ‘sexist figures’ are 32mm tall?

WonderSlugWonderSlug
    Participant

Haha. That happens every time the Paulo box is revealed.

Some people will complain about anything…

Keymaster

Considering the men are just as ridiculously dressed as the women, it’s hard to complain. 😉 Ahh, Paulo, he’s defiantly Heavy Metal magazine isn’t he? Those top-half-of-the-breast-protectors truly are the most impractical pieces of armour ever invented!

Participant

Those are breast protectors? I thought they were display units!

And you have a point about them being impractical. Better off without them, but that would really get them complaining 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.