Home Forums The Gaming Room Zombicide Black Plague

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Almost 3 million on Black Plague. Exceeded Zombicide season 3. May even surpass Conan.

Keymaster

This is a success I just don’t get. It looks fine, and if I had the spare cash I might have backed it, but I don’t understand what makes it so special. I couldn’t work up the enthusiasm to paint up so many figures for such a basic game. Oh well!

Perhaps it’s all the stretch goal minis and the fact that they could be used for any fantasy game or RPG.

Participant

Yup. Since it’s fantasy, I’m drawn to this… but only at the $100 level. Not sure the expansion and extra minis are worth the extra $50 this time round. Very very tempting. Can I resist?

Participant

Yes. Extra $50 seems too much for what you get in expansion.

Some people buy it to sell on eBay.

I won’t resist and Thrud the Barbarian has nostalgia value to me. Reminds me of old RPG days and White Dwarf magazine when it wasn’t just a house magazine for over priced GW product.

And yes, those figures will get used in RPG. As for painting… Some maybe.

Those deckholders are useful for other games. And broken walls may find way on to Warmachine battlefield.

Keymaster

I find myself not just looking at a game these days but how long it will take me to paint the minis! If the game doesn’t seem to have enough playabiity to justify the time it would take to paint ’em, I lose enthusiasm.

Participant

Somehow I’ve backed this even after swearing off CMoN from their previous escapades.

I plan on adding in the Edouard Guiton Special Guest box with its Wrath of Kings stylings. The art looks rather WoK but the figures not so much from the initial photos. Also the Adrian Smith box too.

Participant

The Abominalpha looks like a copy of WoK’s Goritsi DukeAnton don Genorian with a slight repositioning of the head & right arm.

Participant

And funded with $4 million plus change! Gee… Zombicide really is a license to print money for CMON.

@ Razide: the Abominalpha was one of the earlier concepts for Duke Anton before they settled on the current WoK model. So they recycled this one for Zombicide.

Participant

Still think the Duke would have looked better without the horns.

Maybe CMoN will re-vamp & issue Sedition Wars as Zombicide in Space !

Participant

Zombicide BP is over and they immediately plug 7Sins for September.

Although I don’t like the gruesome figures of 7Sins, there is something about it that appeals… morbid curiosity I guess.

Need to know more about gameplay though, as the boards are reminiscent of Zombicide.

Participant

I think its the same game, just different maps and minis 😉

7 Sins: if I get it, it’ll probably be only for the minis.

Participant

With regard to 7Sins miniatures… I got all the Mansion of Madness (poor to averagely) painted, so got my fill of gross monsters.

Doubt I will be painting all of Z:BP, not with my huge Warmachine backlog. Unless I want them as NPC for my weekly Iron Kingdoms RPG session.

Average spend on Z:BP was about $200 per person. I saw some comments suggesting $700+ spends. Can’t seeing the eBay market being that competitive with 20000 people buying it.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.